Create engaging campaigns and communicate effectively with your audience using SMS templates. If you're curious about what text message templates are and how to leverage them in your Salesforce org, read "What to know about the three kinds of text message templates in Salesforce."
If you're ready to set up SMS templates in your org, follow this step-by-step guide to unlocking the power of templates. You'll also find additional related resources at the bottom of this article.
SMS template use cases across industries
- Engagement, nurture
- Survey Starters (see the Form Template guide)
Steps to create an SMS Template
Before beginning, if you plan to utilize Contact or Lead Merge Fields, ensure that the API-formatted name of the Merge Fields are populated in Application Settings.1. Click the "SMS Templates" tab and click "New."
2. Name the SMS Template and populate your message text. Click "Save."
3. Here’s your finished SMS Template record.
Test2. Navigate to a Mogli-supported record. From Conversation View, click the caret to the right of the "" icon and select your SMS Template.
2. Click the red arrow or hit "Enter" to send. The delivered message should populate the correct variable from the Merge Field. Your new SMS Template is ready for use in one-one-conversations and in bulk messages.
(What the Contact or Lead sees)
(A delivered message via SMS Template in Conversation View)
Create a survey-starters SMS Template1. Create a Form Template (See the Form Template Section).
2. Copy the text from the first question of your Form Template.
3. Go the SMS Templates tab and click "New."
4. Name the SMS Template the same as your Form Template. Paste the text of your first question in the Text field. Leave the region as -None- and attach the appropriate Form Template. "Save."
Do you still have questions?
Current Clients: contact your dedicated Client Success Manager or reach out to us here!